Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Goals & the Rules

After I clicked SEND on my email re: this blog to a few friends a few days back I felt the inevitable hot blush of fear that follows a public (or even semi-public) announcement of life change. Because now you will ALL know if I FAIL!

But that's not what this is about, right?

This is about trying, and I feel like even trying to do better will make me feel better. Because trying is hard!

So, really quick, here are my rules & goals!

The Rules


1. No guilt. This is not about feeling bad about yesterday. If I miss something, I'm not allowed to feel bad, I just have to do better today.

2. Report. I have to report once a week. I'm hoping to do it more often, to share my mini-steps in each goal, but I didn't want to put pressure on blogging when the point is progress, so my requirement is only once a week.

That's it. :)

The Goals

  • Manage my time more effectively.
  • Enjoy my children.
  • Become a better housekeeper.
  • Write a book.
  • Make and (really) keep a budget.
  • Learn more about nutritious eating (& put it into practice for our family)
  • Lose the baby fat around my waist. :)
  • Get organized.
Most of these things will take time to accomplish, so I'm going to start by focusing on improving my Time Management. Hopefully that will free me up a little more time to spend on these other fun goals.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Here you go! I know you're going to do awesome! I am curious though, how are you going to work on your time management? I'm not very good at managing my time myself, so I'd like to know. =)